3. (E 12-Sentier Littoral) Port-Vendres -Banyuls-sur-Mer
The jetty's lighthouse
Les schistes plissés du Cap Béar
- From the Tourist Office and follow the quai françois Joly on the left, bypass the port by the Quai de la République. Stay on this quay after the roundabout.
- Take a left after the railway track and arrive at avenue du Maréchal Leclerc. At the roundabout take the first exit, route de la jetée. After the Tamaris beach take the path on the left and follow it passing in front of the Redoute Béar then the Redoute de Mailly. Continue and take the road to Mole Abri.
- At this point, turn right on the path which goes up to the Cap Béar road, turn left and take a path again on the right which goes up and down on the Cap Béar road in front of the semaphore.
- Bypass the semaphore area on the left and return to the Cap Béar road, then on the left, go towards the lighthouse.
- At this point spread over the path which dominates the coast and which arrives at Bernadi beach. After crossing on the Cosprons stream, you will arrive at the cove of Paulilles. Do not hesitate to make a detour on this site, former Nobel dynamite factory. Continue on the path and pass by Fourat beach.
- After crossing spaces with vineyards, pine forests and coves you will arrive in Banyuls in front of the Hélio-Marin center and continue to the Plage des Elmes.
- Go up on the Allée des Elmes until the roundabout and go down avenue de Général Koening (D914) which you will follow until the arrival at the Tourist Office.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: