(E 12-Sentier Littoral) Port-Vendres -Banyuls-sur-Mer
3. (E 12-Sentier Littoral) Port-Vendres -Banyuls-sur-Mer
Embed this item to access it offline
Breathtaking landscapes, ancient military sites and unmissable places.
4 points of interest
Due to its strategic maritime position and its proximity to historical boundaries, Port-Vendres has received a great deal of attention from military builders. The historic turning point of the city is around 1659, when after the Treaty of the Pyrenees, King Louis XIV charged Vauban to make "Port-Vendres" a port of war. Go up to the Redoubt Béar built in the 18th century according to the plans of Vauban and immerse yourself in history.read more
The jetty's lighthouse
Having weathered the weather so far, the metal lighthouse at the pier of Port-Vendres has run bravely 110 years. However the last storms have a little damaged, including its spiral staircase, since removed because of the automation of the lantern. Listed in historical monuments since 2011, go see it before the sea prevails!read more
Built between 1877 and 1880, Fort Béar was built in order to lock the borders and replace the fortifications of Vauban with buried polygonal forts. This fort was used until the middle of the 20th century, when a radio station was installed after the German occupation (1949). He is now owned by the Army.read more
When Egypt invites itself on the Côte Vermeille. Observe the coastline and you will discover an authentic sphinx ... with a little imagination. This cape located near the Plage des Elmes is a beautiful place. You have to take the Chemin des Douaniers, by the Plage des Elmes to get there.read more
- From the Tourist Office and follow the quai françois Joly on the left, bypass the port by the Quai de la République. Stay on this quay after the roundabout.
- Take a left after the railway track and arrive at avenue du Maréchal Leclerc. At the roundabout take the first exit, route de la jetée. After the Tamaris beach take the path on the left and follow it passing in front of the Redoute Béar then the Redoute de Mailly. Continue and take the road to Mole Abri.
- At this point, turn right on the path which goes up to the Cap Béar road, turn left and take a path again on the right which goes up and down on the Cap Béar road in front of the semaphore.
- Bypass the semaphore area on the left and return to the Cap Béar road, then on the left, go towards the lighthouse.
- At this point spread over the path which dominates the coast and which arrives at Bernadi beach. After crossing on the Cosprons stream, you will arrive at the cove of Paulilles. Do not hesitate to make a detour on this site, former Nobel dynamite factory. Continue on the path and pass by Fourat beach.
- After crossing spaces with vineyards, pine forests and coves you will arrive in Banyuls in front of the Hélio-Marin center and continue to the Plage des Elmes.
- Go up on the Allée des Elmes until the roundabout and go down avenue de Général Koening (D914) which you will follow until the arrival at the Tourist Office.
Departure : Tourist Office of Port-Vendres
Arrival : Tourist office of Banyuls-sur-Mer
Towns crossed : PORT-VENDRES, BANYULS SUR MER
You enjoy nature, you love it, take care of it ... You take a hiking trail on which there are bins (glass, paper, leftover food, etc.). Use them out of respect for this exceptional space used every month by tens of thousands of hikers and walkers.
Bus à 1€