2. (E 12 -Sentier littoral) Collioure-Port-Vendres
2 points of interest
- Cultural heritage
Royal Castle of CollioureBuilt in the 13th century to house the court of the Kings of Majorca, the Royal Castle of Collioure has been listed as a historical monument since 1922. Reinforced many times, the castle eventually pushed the city back to the foot of the cape turned into a citadel in the 17th century. It is inseparable from Collioure as the city can not be separated from the sea. To return to the heart of the world of the Royal Castle of Collioure, do not forget the guided tours!
Club hiking webbed and environmental awareness. Discover the rich marine environment of the Côte Vermeille from the edge with fins, mask and snorkel! Marine, diving instructor and biologist, will guide you. All levels. Equipment provided: fins, mask, snorkel, combination.
- From the Tourist Office, turn right and take the footbridge then turn left, bypass the castle. Stay on the promenade that joins the Faubourg district. Continue to the left along the seafront.
- Then stay on the sidewalk along the D114 until the Port-Vendres roundabout.
- Take the second exit and turn right after rue Felix Mercader on the coastal path to Fort de la Mauresque, follow the seafront.
- At this point continue straight and pass in front of the auction then bypass the port by the rue de artillery, the quay of Obelisque, the quay of Health then the Quay Forgas. The Office of Touisme is located at the end.
- Departure : Tourist Office of Collioure
- Arrival : Tourist Office of Port-Vendres
- Towns crossed : COLLIOURE, PORT-VENDRES