Castle of Montesquieu
Church of Saint André
Maison de l’art roman de Saint André
- Leaving the town hall car park, go to the right and follow the black signs. You join Laroque-des-Albères.
- Take advantage of a stop to go up in the old village, to the belvedere of the castle. Take your road towards Saint-Genis-des-Fontaines then Villelongue-dels-Monts. Be careful between Villelongue and Montesquieu, you will cross a ford which can be closed after the floods.
- In Montesquieu-des-Albères, you pass the museum. Leaving Montesquieu, you join the cycle path, turn right towards Argelès.
- Leaving the cycle path take a left on a small road which passes to the right of an agricultural school. You will reach the Lac de Villelongue. Take a break in this wild environment.
- Continue your journey to reach Palau-del-Vidre. Be careful, you will cross the D2 where traffic is fast and dense. You now pass near "La chapelle de Cabanes" which you can visit on certain days.
- You then arrive at Palau-del-Vidre where you can discover the treasures of the church.
- Now go to Saint André. You will once again take the cycle path towards Boulou. At the Saint André school level, you can cross a ford which can be closed following floods.
- In Saint André, the glassmakers work before your eyes. To reach them, follow the direction of Argelès in the village. You now continue your route to Sorède, your starting point. Do not forget to visit, here, the Valley of the turtles on the heights of the village.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: