(E 12 - GR 92) From Port de la Selva to Cadaqués
9. (E 12 - GR 92) From Port de la Selva to Cadaqués
Embed this item to access it offline
- From the Port de la Selva Tourist Office, continue on the Cadaqués road (Av. Moisès Broggi) and a few meters after the second roundabout, take the detour indicated on the left (GR92).
- Take the path that goes up into the mountain. Do not go too fast during the first kilometer, you can admire a fantastic view of the bay of Port de la Selva that we leave behind.
- Once the ditch has passed, we reach the top of the Costa del Torrelló between dry stone walls in a landscape of sparse vegetation. Here, the road widens and visibility is better.
- A few meters further you can see the sea and the hermitage of Sant Baldiri (on the left), which stands out among the pines and vegetation, which is becoming more and more abundant.
- Continue along the same road along the dry stone walls and reach Mas Bufadors, a ruined farm, a point of reference for walkers and cyclists in the region.
- At this point we reach half the hike, leaving behind the mountain of Sant Baldiri to enter the black mountain. Continue without difficulty on the path that narrows, always leaving the sea to our left.
- After a few moments, you begin to see the tip of Cap de Creus in the distance and a few meters further, the silhouette of the white houses which indicate the proximity of Cadaqués. At this point, the descent is clearly pronounced and care should be taken, as the road becomes rocky and wild. Continue along a well-preserved dry stone wall that guides us near the entrance to the town of Cadaqués.
- Pass between the fields of olive trees which make the walk more pleasant. Once the dry stone wall is finished, the bay of Cadaqués is visible and the Church of Santa Maria is clearly visible.
- We reach the last part of the road between prickly pears and olive groves and enter the urban area above the roundabout at the entrance to the town of Cadaqués. To get to the tourist office, you have to go down Font Vella street, go through Sa Riera and at the end, turn right into Cotxe street where the municipal information office is located, at the end of the route .
- Departure : Tourist Office of Port de la Selva
- Arrival : Tourism Office of Cadaqués
Is in the midst of the park
The national park is an unrestricted natural area but subjected to regulations which must be known by all visitors.